Measuring Success in Weight Loss=Ten Pound Weight Loss

|


When people are starting their weight loss journey, they always sent themselves some type of goal. Some set a goal to lose “X” amount of weight. Some set more detailed goals to lose “X” amont of weight.

To reach their weight loss goals, people use various diets, pills, and drinks combined with exercise. There are so many weight loss gimmicks out there, with more being presented every day. It’s a real money maker for these companies.

I’ve read a ton of books on weight loss and tried so many methods of weight loss. I find I get discouraged. When that happens, I gain back the weight I’ve lost. I’ve been analyzing why this happen to me. I’ve decided it is because of the way I measure success!! I always set myself up for failure….thus leading to my weight gain.

I have redefined success in my weight loss journey. I am looking at the positive things I do each day and realizing it is a success. Example: Delivering meals on wheels. (I know….you are thinking….what is she talking about.) I now see delivering these meals is two hours of exercise. Jumping in and out of the car, walking to the door with the food…..it’s burning calories.

For me, it is taking a look at my day and seeing all the positive things I’ve done and realizing it’s been a successful day for me. I make sure I document it all in my weight loss journal.

I’ve talked before about setting realistic goals. I have found for me, the most important thing is measuring my success. Of course, some days are better than others but each day, I find I’ve made at least on successful choice. It is keeping me on track and I feel so much better. (I’ve lost another 10 pounds!!!!)

I know I haven’t made a post in sometime but I’m back and will be sharing some of my experiences of late in upcoming posts.

We’ve got a heat advisory out for today so I’m going to get my running done before it gets too hot. I hope you all have a great day. Toodles….I’m off to the store!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment