Weight Loss Stall This Week

|


This past week I’ve been busier than a bee. I’ve been working too many hours at the various places I volunteer. I haven’t had a free day this week and I am working tomorrow as well at the thrift store which is part of our local mission.

I got a phone call Thursday night and I start training next Wednesday for 5 days to work on the 2010 census. That’s going to be about 11 hour days by the time I drive there and back home.

The bad thing is, I’ve been helping others so much….I’ve been neglecting myself. That paper and pencil I put on this page…..well……that is just what my daily journal looks like for the past week. Hurry here…hurry there….grab a quick bite of crap food and off to another job. I was only able to help my husband with the grass service one day this past week.

I feel so drained tonight. I haven’t been able to walk or go to the gym once this week. None of my volunteer jobs consist of any type of physical activity. Delivering meals on wheels, sitting in an office pushing a pencil, and working in the kitchen of the gift shop doesn’t burn many calories.

Maybe after I get a good night’s sleep, I’ll feel better. I have to learn to say “NO” when people call me to work for them. I’ve always been a pushover.

I know not losing any weight this week is my own fault. Tomorrow’s a new day….I’ve got to get my weight loss journey back on track. I’ve decided that going to the gym is going to have to be like a job to me. I never missed work before I retired and have never missed a scheduled volunteer day either. Putting it into that perspective, I shouldn’t miss any more days at the gym. (They are open 24 hours)

0 comments:

Post a Comment