Working Out Using My Rake

|


We have a new lawn customer and we cut and trimmed her yard yesterday. I volunteer with her in the gift shop at the hospital when her partner can’t work. I decided to rake all the leaves that were in the front ditch and under her hedges. This bright idea took me three hours and a multitude of leaf bags.

Raking…..bending over and filling the sacks…..carrying them/dragging them to our truck….wow….that was a GREAT workout. Although the weather was cool, I managed to work up a sweat. When I finished and stepped back to look at my work. I was pleased. It looked great. She kept telling me to quit because she thought I was working to hard. I knew she was happy with the end result.

My husband did most of the lawn with the riding lawn mower. I also did all the trimming. Where I live in Tennessee, there aren’t very many flat yards…so it’s my job to use the push mower on the areas that can’t be done with one of our riders. I finished cutting along the ditch and bank of the front yard.

Back and forth…..up and down with the lawn mower is great exercise. I like doing that much better than going to the gym. Today I have a little soreness in my shoulders. My stamina is getting better. One day at a time…..that’s what I’m telling myself.

I tell myself: Healthy eating=weight loss……………… Working out=building muscles and toning up. What can I say………Life is great……I’m feeling good…….ready to tackle another day on my weight loss journey through exercise and healthy eating.

Off I go……today’s my day to work at the hospital gift shop. I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!! I wanted to thank everyone for their comments. They are such a confidence builder for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment